Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sick As A Dog!!!

So this has been maybe the worst week ever!!! Last Thursday I started getting sick with the stomach flu, throwing up, diarrhea and a fever. I thought it was the 24 hour thing, but heck no, it couldn't be that easy, it has lasted a WEEK!!! I mean literally for a week I have been IN BED. This is the worst thing I have ever dealt with. Finally yesterday afternoon I thought I was better than all hell broke loose! I had severe stomach pain and could not stop vomiting and diarrhea. It was awful. I told Joe we had to go to the emergency room. I knew I was dehydrated, my mouth was soooo dry. We went to the ER and they were swamped. My stomach hurt like labor pains. So at one point I was LAYING on the ER room floor, I know my mom would have DIED! I was in so much pain, I found a comfy position and as embarrassing as it is, I released some major gas!!! So embarrassing! My stomach was feeling much better. I ended up in a room getting fluids through an IV because I was in fact dehydrated! I feel so much better this morning! My poor tummy! We got a lot of laughs, with Joe saying we made a trip to the ER so I could FART!!! Lovely huh? But what a difference the fluids made! I pray I am on the mend!

1 comment:

  1. I should not be laughing but I am. I've had food poisoning like that (but it only lasted 24 hours) and thought I was going to DIE. I don't know how you did a few days of it. Glad you got some fluids in ya!!!

    ReplyDelete