Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What I Learned From the Great Wolf Lodge!!!

So every year we take the kids to the GWL. Our employees give us a gift certificate every year and it such a blessing. We always have such a great time! I remember last year especially, while we were there we talking about how next year we would have a new brother or sister with us. Not knowing who Ade was. But dreaming and trying to imagine! We came home the next day and received "the call"!!! We got our referral for Ade Joseph! I can't even begin to tell you how much fun that day was. This momma was instantly in love with my little "chocolate chip!"

So this year we go uncertain of how Ade would react since he has only been swimming 1 time, but he does love his bath. He hit the ground running! He had a BLAST!!! We laughed so hard when he went down the slide, he had the most awesome expression on his face. He would run in the zero entry like he was on Baywatch or something! So much fun! Little man didn't get a nap so I had the bright idea to sit in a raft with him on top of me and go on the Lazy River. Would you know that that baby was asleep within 2 minutes! By far the most precious time of the trip!!! So I learned, the Lazy River will put your toddler to sleep!

Ella and I went on the huge new slide. I thought we were going to fly out a couple of times! Of course I had to put a dramatic flair on the event so I screamed the entire time! I learned that my girl LOVES to hear Mom scream and LOVES to have one on one time with us.

So while we were checking in, btw the check in line was from here to Utah!!! The kids were walking around and really behaving fairly well. There was an elderly lady who just kept staring at us. She was giving me the dirtiest, most disgusted looks! I felt like she was offended that I had a black son. I really just wanted to ask her why she was staring and if she had a problem with my family, but i refrained!!! That was really irritating.

The kids and Joe were playing basketball in the pool and Ade was quite the attraction, he would stand on the edge of the pool and yell "Ball Ball" until all his adoring fans would smile and laugh and give him the ball. He would dribble it and then throw it back to them. So cute. I learned my boy is a SERIOUS fan of basketball.

When we got back up to the room to change and eat I discovered the dreaded poop in the swim diaper! I mean seriously, there is nothing worse than poop in a swim diaper. Can I get a witness? I learned that poop goes EVERYWHERE in those things and that I really dislike them!

Ade and I headed home after we ate so we could all get a good nights sleep. Joe and the kids stayed at the hotel and had a great time. The kids told me, "dad was on it last night, he let us get a Build a bear, a tatoo and ICE CREAM!!!" Way to go big daddy! Ade and I slept great and got up this morning and headed back to pick up the fam!

While I was showering the girls, a super sweet lady came in that I had made eye contact with a few times before during our stay. She had the cutest little blonde curly headed children! Somehow we got to talking and she was asking me about our adoption and about Ade and how cute he was. And let me tell you, I can talk about adoption ALL DAY PEOPLE!!! We had a lovely conversation and I ended up telling her about my blog and that she could read through our experience on here. Then she said, "it is so cool how God puts people in your path, we have been thinking about adoption and then I meet you!"(Or something along those lines!) I forgot to ask her her name, so new friend if you remembered my crazy last name and you are on my blog, I LOVED meeting you and would love to chat with you if you have any questions!

So all in all I learned the GWL is full of surprises and a great place for family!

No comments:

Post a Comment