Saturday, February 26, 2011

6 Months Home!!!

Wow, I can't believe it will be 6 months tomorrow that Ade has been home. It has been a wild ride. I'm so glad we got through those first couple of months of him not taking a nap and all that business! There were a few times I doubted myself that we did the right thing! I knew in my heart it was the right thing, but my head was telling me something different. Because it was hard with 4 kids and I didn't have the time used to have with just 3. All very selfish reasons! But thankfully the thoughts passes quickly!

Ade is doing really well. In the last month or so we have noticed a few setbacks. He started being super clingy again and was having a hard time going to bed at night. So we just had to give him double the attention and assure him that we were here for him FOREVER! It always makes me a little sad because I wonder if he really KNOWS that we are his mom and dad. The longest he has been with someone was his birth mother and that was for 9 months. So it makes me wonder. Even though he calls us Mom and Dada and he loves us a lot!

He has grown so much taller since he has been home. And he feels really heavy right now, like dead weight. He is solid as a rock! He has gotten lots of new teeth. He has master the skill of running. And I think I have mentioned before that he is in to EVERYTHING!!! I mean seriously, it is exhausting at times! He is talking up a storm and he tries to sing songs with me. He loves music. The boy LOVES basketball and he loves being outside. He is not happy when it is time to come inside!

Well, that's about all I've got right now, but Happy 6 Months Home to all in our travel group!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 Months Home Ade!!! We love you so so much! You are a GREAT BIG BLESSING to the whole family!!!! Love, Your Basketball Fan Club ~ Uncle Sheldon, Aunt Denise, Antonio & Amos

    ReplyDelete