Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello 2014!

It has been awhile since I have posted. This year I am going to try to keep up with this. Just post different things about the day. That way I will have some things documented!

2013 was a great year for us.  We have started the process of starting a non profit called Orphan Free. Our goal is to help make our world Orphan Free. Not only through adoption, but through family preservation and list of other things.

Adoption has been such a blessing to our family and we feel like God is calling us to help others as well. As many of you have probably heard, Ethiopian adoptions are close to closing. That makes me so sad. When I am there every year I see the need and the number of children who are in such sad situations. But God is in control and He has a plan. We just need to trust in it.

At this point I don't think we will be adopting again. Joe is just not there and I think another one would put him over the edge. It has been a process for me to accept that and honor him. I think I will be 90 years old and still think we need a baby!

Anyway, I hope to keep up on this and I will try to post some pics. Have a great week!



1 comment: