Monday, August 1, 2011

Power Thoughts

I have soooo much swirling around in my mind at this time. I have really felt convicted about some of the things that I think and that come out of my mouth. It seems like the past 7 years I have been a lot more critical and I am so hard on myself. I think all sorts of negative things and basically I feel like I pretty much suck at everything I do! I know it is ridiculous to think like that and I used to always take control of my thoughts and words and I have just let Satan in that door.

The Lord is really showing me I need to put on the armor of God every morning when I wake and change my attitude. I just started reading Joyce Meyer's Power Thoughts book and it is great so far. I'm not too far into it but I can see if I let it and if I allow God to work in me then it is going to be a life changing book. So my prayer is that I have an open heart and mind while reading this book.

One of the things she said in the book was "your mind can be a junkyard or a treasure chest, and you alone have the ability to choose what it will be." WOW, how good is that? I want a treasure chest!!! All of the junk needs to go. I need to remember who I am in Christ and that I am in His image. I don't want those "loser" thoughts to take root in my mind or heart anymore! It is time for me to start arming myself with His word and take control of my own thoughts! I need to not worry about what everyone else is doing and be concerned with myself and my own life. I alone can't change, but with the help of God I will change!

Ephesians 6:11- put on God's whole armor.... that you may be able successfully to stand up against all the strategies and deceits of the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment