Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer is Off to a Good Start!

So our summer is off to a good start. We have really enjoyed sleeping in and not being on such a strict schedule! We have made "Freudenthal Focus" for the summer. It is to have a servants heart and look for ways to be a servant! My kids have dove right in and are always looking for ways to be a servant and I love it! We started our Bible study this week on Boundaries with Kids. It is such a great book and has so many useful tools! I think it is going to be an awesome group. Ella gets to be a youth helper in the child care and she loves that. She makes $5. Big stuff!

One thing I have been really been working on with my kids is how they treat each other. It amazes me sometimes how many kids are so mean and disrespectful to their parents and siblings. My kids are not allowed to act that way to one another, now don't get me wrong, I realize they are kids and around each other all the time, but that doesn't give them the right to treat each other like dirt! We have been doing a lot of work on that! And hopefully in time they too will see how blessed they are that God gave them to each other!

I took all 4 kids swimming by myself for the first time. Now this may not seem like a big deal to you all, but it is when you have 4 different kids with 4 different swimming levels and one who is like velcro to you! And 3 others yelling at you to stop making the baby cry!!! Oh boy do I have A LOT of help! By the end of the day though Ade was getting much more comfortable in the water which was nice. I can't wait until next summer when we have our own pool and don't have to haul everything over to Grammy's! But I love going to Grammy's we are blessed to have that pool!

Tonight the girls and I are having a girls night. We are going to meet our good friends the Scheerer's they are coming home with their 2 little Ethiopian beauties and I CAN"T WAIT to meet them!!! Then Maya, Ella and I are heading to Zona Rosa for dinner and some Charming Charlies!!! So excited to spend time with my little lovelies.

Joe is going to a Royals game tonight and then he is doing some scavenger hunt in the morning so it is a lot of mommy and kids time which is just fine with me. I'm glad he gets to go out and do something he enjoys!

Just a little story of amazement about Ade, we drove by Joe's office which he hasn't been to too often and he pointed out the window and started yelling "DADDDDIEEEE"!!!! I love that boy and he loves us!

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Please tell me what you do to keep the kids getting along well. We are having major issues with this as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon, I just stop it right when I hear them start treating each other that way! If they keep it up they have a consequence. I make them look each other in the eye and say, I'M sorry!!! Like tonight they were going to get to watch a movie and they all started bickering so they all had to go to bed. It's hard to do it and follow through but I did it! Believe me though, they still do bicker!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you making them treat each other nicely! I'm jealous of your easy access to a pool, too. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Bethany, I'm jealous you get to go to the reunion!:(

    ReplyDelete