Thursday, June 30, 2011

How Do You Know?

This post is going to probably be very random as I have so many things going on in my head right now! How do you know if the feeling you are getting to adopt again is a call from the Lord or just a mother's heart wanting to help? Every since we brought Ade home I have just felt that the Lord isn't finished with us. We are a very blessed family and we have so much to offer another child. And seeing how much joy Ade has brought us it just makes sense to adopt again.

But adopting again scares me to death. The thought of all that paperwork and the waiting and the heartache. And now taking 2 trips to Ethiopia. And 5 kids? I mean am I crazy! Things are going so smooth now and I don't want to rock that boat but I also can't shake this feeling in my heart. What if the new child has a really hard time adjusting? None of the kids in our travel group have had that problem, but it does happen at times.

The kids are all for it. And I know it would be great for Ade someday to have someone like him. But maybe God is just calling me to help the orphans, to go on missions trips and to help others with their adoptions, but I just can't help to think that there is a little Millie waiting there for her mom and dad, or another little boy. I guess through prayer and time we will know!

3 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, the paperwork is MUCH easier the second go round, especially if the second go round is only six months after the first go round ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you know? I don't know. For us it was simple because we've always wanted 3-5 kids, so obviously with just one we're not done yet! But when it comes time to decide between 3, 4, and 5, I will ask you how you figured it out now! LOL.

    I think if you and Joe and the kids are all thinking about it, that's a good sign. I think you guys have the faith and strength and resources to deal with a rough transition, or even a kid with RAD. I also think there's no shame in helping other people adopt, sponsoring kids, and giving to charities that help people get clean water and mosquito nets. Etc. It depends on what you think God wants you to do. I think the only wrong answer is to do nothing.

    And I have found the paperwork quite a bit easier this time too, so far. Talk to me in a month and I'll tell you if that's still the case. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! And Bethany are you guys starting again? Ethiopia again? Shonda have you heard any news yet?

    ReplyDelete