Wednesday, September 8, 2010

We're all in this together!!!

I am so thankful and blessed that I have met some lifelong friends through this whole adoption process! And some of my dear friends are walking this journey with me! It is nice to know we are all in this together and we will all get through this!

Today was a much better day. Ade was in a better mood and we had a couple of breakthroughs! He only slept an hour for nap and when he woke up he had himself in such a tizzy. I told him to sign please and I would pick him up! After about a 5 minute long battle of the wills he said "please" and I picked him up! I made a HUGE deal of him saying it and he was so proud. He has got the please sign down so we are going to try thank you! It is so cute when he does it and gets that huge smile on his face!

After I picked the kids up from school I took them to the park to feed the fish and ducks. They love doing that and Ade was so happy just being outside. He was so cute. As I was watching all 4 kids I couldn't believe they were all mine! What a beautiful, crazy, hard, LOUD family! I am surely blessed. We came home ate dinner and then took a family walk around the pond. That was fun as well.

Little Maya had a couple of meltdowns today. She kept saying she was crying because she missed us when we were in Ethiopia! Then she said she wanted to be a baby again. I just held her and took her upstairs and did her bath by herself tonight and rocked her and told her how much I loved her and what I loved about her. It breaks my heart when she struggles. She has such a sweet little heart! And she is my baby girl! That seemed to help her.

Tomorrow is an early out for the kids and I don't know what is going on. Praise God though, my mom is coming over in the morning to watch Ade so I can go for a run! I SOOOOO need that! Can't wait to get back to the gym! So all in all today was a good day!

1 comment: