Monday, February 4, 2013

Just Being Honest

I am going to go ahead and say it, sometimes being a parent SUCKS!!! It doesn't stink, it's not just hard it just downright sucks. Today is one of those days. There is no "SuperMom" in this house today.

I am the only one that experiences this, you go to pick up your kids from school and you are excited to see them since you haven't seen them all day and they get in the car and are just totally rude and grouchy. Snapping at you when you ask them anything, crying and melting down because they can't get a snack at the gas station and giving you attitude and my very favorite, SULKING!!! Oh how I loathe the sulking. "Hey, it's great to see you kids too!" Glad I picked you up. Ughhh

And then after you have talked and talked and tried to train and teach them about a certain thing and it totally happens over and over and over again!!! Please people go ahead and talk about something you weren't supposed to and let your mouth get in your way for the thousandth time. Go ahead and get angry and pound the floor at your basketball game. Please, we love to be embarrassed. We love looking like you have never been disciplined a day in your life.

Oh dear Jesus, help me through these days and not lose my temper and patience, but to parent with grace. The most beautiful thing about us is that we are flawed and that Jesus loves us anyway. And that is what I tell my kids, even though you humiliate me and make me angry and frustrate me I don't love you any less.

I'm sorry for this mean post, but man do I feel better after writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment