Friday, January 11, 2013

Spelling Bee, Awards, and funny things!

Well today was the spelling bee at school. Honestly I dread this day every year. My Max is ultra competitive and I know if he doesn't do well he is going to get in the car and instantly think he is not smart and cry and be mad at himself. Ella every year has the same girls win and so she does it just for fun not expecting to win. And this was Maya's first year. Luckily I had an inside track to the spelling bee and my friend Joey gave me the heads up. Maya went out the 4th round and Max went out quickly, Ella on the other hand got 4th. So she was pretty excited. I guess when Maya got out she just started crying. Thankfully Jojo was there to comfort her and hug her until she calmed down. When Max got in the car he said he did horrible and got last place and was a horrible speller. I felt so bad for him. I hate it when my kiddos feel bad about themselves and especially feel like they are not as smart as everyone else. We are in a private school and have a ton of really smart kids and sometimes it's hard when you are a good student, just not a straight A student. BUT being the super mom I am:) I bought them a little present to help ease the blow and to let them know that Joe and I were so proud of them for even trying. Lot's of kids didn't even attempt the spelling bee. And we were proud.

When I got home I was going through backpacks and found a character award in Max's bag. He got the "compassionate" award for the month at school! I was so proud of him. I told him that though I was so happy for the kids that won the spelling bee I would much rather have him win an award like that! He is showing the heart of Jesus and that makes my Mamma's heart happy! So he was really proud of himself.

Some funny things Ade said today, Joe had opened the garage today as we were leaving and didn't come in the garage because he was on the phone, so Ade looks over at him and says, "what is Daddy up to?" Totally cracked me up! Then he said Daddy is frustrating! That boy makes me laugh so hard. Then I was buckling him in his car seat and he says in a high pitch voice, "don't hurt my balls!" He is such a boy!

Well, that is about all for now. Have a great weekend if there is anyone reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment