Sunday, April 15, 2012

Daddy Comes Home Tomorrow

Joe left for Florida on Thursday for his annual trip to visit his brother. I used to really dread this trip because I thought of how much work it was going to be with the kids all by myself, but the last few years I have really enjoyed it. I am glad for Joe that he gets to spend some time alone with his brother and relax and I get to hang with my kiddos and enjoy the Mom and Kids time!

We have had all sorts of fun. On Saturday I went to Hobby Lobby and bought all sorts of crafts. One thing I got that I absolutely love was a 4 pack of canvases. The kids each painted something on their canvas and I did as well and we hung them up in the playroom. It looks so cute and it something we can always look at and remember doing that together! My kiddos are craft crazy, they would do crafts all day long if I would let them. I on the other hand have to mentally prepare myself for the mess it is going to create! But it is always worth it because it brings them so much joy. Ade was a hoot, he was more interested in painting the paper plate that the paint was on rather then paint his cross! He is a crack up. We also got all sorts of beads and made necklaces and bracelets! They have been beading fools! It is also so good for their fine motor skills.

The kids also swam several times this weekend in the cold pool on these super windy days! But they don't care! They are loving life. Accept for Ade again, I put him in the pool and he got out as fast as he could and said, "I cold"! He was the smart one! I on the other hand was sitting in a corner with a towel wrapped around me because I was so cold. This pool is going to be a God-send this summer!

Today we went to church and headed to my sisters for a party. It was a lot of fun and we got some cute things. We came back to town and headed to WM and came home for a relaxing evening. Although the power did go out for about an hour due to the wind. But we had fun making bracelets and talking!

I am reminded this weekend of how blessed I am to have a husband who really helps me out a lot and loves being with our kids. And I am reminded of what great kids I have and how they are an inheritance from the Lord. If only I could remember that when they are telling me no, making messes, asking me a thousand questions and not giving me one ounce of privacy!:) But I wouldn't change it for the world and I need to appreciate this blessing the Lord has given me, the blessing of 4 littles that call me MOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment